- $ Application Fee – NON REFUNDABLE: Each applicant over the age of 18 must pay an application fee and consent to have a background, rental, and employment check done on them.
- Security Deposit – Applicants must provide certified funds for the full amount of the security deposit and sign an earnest money agreement within 48 HRS of the application being approved.
- Photo Identification – All applicants over the age of 18 must provide current government photo identification at the time of application
- Employment Requirements – Employment history should show that the applicant has been employed with their current employer for at least 6 months. Applicants with less than 6 months of employment with the current employer may be approved if they pay an additional security deposit and provide proof that they have been employed with their current employer for 2 months or were employed with their previous employer for at least 6 months. All employment history will be verified by contacting the employer(s).
- Income Requirements – The combined income of all persons living in the rental must be at least three times the monthly rent. Applicants who do not have the requisite income will be considered if they provide cash reserves equal to at least 12 times the monthly rent.
- Rental History – Applicants must provide the name and contact information for their previous two landlords, or all landlords in the last five years. Applicants must also provide all of the addresses that they have lived in for the last five years. Applicants will not be approved if they have any evictions, defaults in lease agreements, late rental payments, utilities in collections, or if they owe any money to any other landlord.
- Credit History – Your credit must reflect that all accounts are current. Applicants for tenancy will be denied if you have filed bankruptcy in the last five years, or if you have any bankruptcies that have not been discharged at least one year prior to the application. All collection amounts must be “paid in full/ as agreed”. Applicants with past due accounts/accounts in collections may qualify if they pay an additional security deposit.
- Criminal History – Your application may be rejected if you have been convicted in the last 7 years of any crime against person or property that would present a threat to the owners or neighbors, or the rental property. Felony convictions in the last 7 years, crimes against children or violent crimes, and felony charges in the last 5 years will be denied. Applicants on probation or parole must provide contact information for their parole/probation officer. Applicants on a publicly available list of offenders who are required to publish their address will be denied.
- Maximum Occupancy – 2 occupants per bedroom plus an additional occupant for each Apartment Home. ie. 3 in a one bedroom/studio, 5 in a two bedroom, 7 in a three bedroom, etc.
If your application is approved you will be notified. You will have 48 hours from the notification of your approval to pay the deposit for the specified unit. If you do not, then other applicants may be considered and given the opportunity to place a deposit and sign a lease agreement.
Square One Property Management is committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local fair housing laws. Square One Property Management will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, familial status, disability, or any other specific classes protected by applicable laws. Square One Property Management will allow any reasonable accommodation or reasonable modification based upon a disability-related need. The person requesting any reasonable modification may be responsible for the related expenses.